CSR are now actively seeking applications from experienced Site or Project Managers who wish to make the step into Contracts Management. This role is based predominantly in Northern Ireland and will involve international travel. The successful applicant will play a key support role for the Contracts Managers and will become part of a dynamic, award winning company which places particular emphasis on Investment in People.
Duties / Activities:
- Assisting the Contracts Department, and in particular the Contracts Manager, in the delivery of the contract to include liaising with other departments within the Company
- Assisting the Contracts Department and in particular the Contracts Manager, to ensure that the correct manpower is allocated to the contracts
- Requisitioning & measuring quantities of materials & sourcing alternatives as required
- Checking materials received on site to ensure no shortfalls/errors in deliveries
- Assisting in the management and performance of off location contracts
- Assisting in the production of a programme / schedule for the contract and reporting back to the contracts manager, at agreed intervals, marking up progress
- Assisting in the management of contract variations to support the Contracts Manager
- Travelling off site to work for a period of time at destinations both within and outside the UK, if and when required.
- Making full use of your communication, negotiating, influencing, analyzing, problem solving, planning and organising skills
- All other duties as required and directed by management which would reasonably fall within the job title.
- Educated to Degree level with at least 2 years previous experience working in a construction related industry with knowledge of contracts delivery or 5 years previous experience working in a construction related industry with knowledge of contracts delivery
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must be prepared to undertake extensive travel as part of the role
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Andrew Hastings at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.