CSR are recruiting for a Construction Buyer on behalf of a Top building contractor who operate across the commercial, residential, educational, retail and leisure sectors in the UK and Ireland.
Our client is an established, multi-award winning contractor with a fantastic reputation in the industry.
They are currently seeking an experienced Buyer to manage Procurement (materials, workshop, live projects) across the business.
About the Role:
· Set up suppliers and agree rates to maximise commercial buying efficiencies
· Producing monthly / project end budgetary control reports on all materials purchased for each site - Tender Budget vs Actual
· Procuring and hiring plant required on site including cabins, forklifts, fencing, cranes and transport etc.
· Analysing plant hire duration vs plant purchasing - cost / value benefit
· Control all NVC owned plant and manage weekly plant movement report
· Resolve disputes between suppliers and the company
· Resolve account queries with suppliers that the accounts department have failed to resolve through normal procedures
· Procuring PPE, stationary etc.
· Report on procurement to MD monthly
· Required to (where needed) to take off material quantities from drawings and produce schedule of rates from which to procure
· Assist the Estimating department with obtaining pre tender quotations and resolving material specification issues
· Knowledge of current pricing levels
· Sound knowledge of construction techniques, building standards, environmental and disability standards
· Good negotiating skills
· Good communication skills
· Sound knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
· Computer literacy and numeracy skills
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Jonathan Derby at CSR on 015267469. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Construction Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Construction Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
CSR will process and maintain any personal data you submit as part of your application (i.e. CV and contact details) in line with our