The CSR Group invite applications from suitably qualified Contracts Managers to join our Northern Ireland based Main Contracting Client. Based in NI predominantly there will also be travel involved as and when required during the life cycle of projects under your responsibility. The successful Applicant will become part of a dynamic, award winning company which places particular emphasis on Investment in People.
You will have the opportunity to develop your previous project management experience whilst adding value to a highly motivated and results driven team.
Duties / Activities:
- Ensure awareness of relevant contractual terms in your capacity as Contract Manager
- Ensure team members are aware of contractual terms which impact on their duties
- Ensure all aspects of the work carried out meet with contractual requirements and that the contract is delivered on time, within budget and of excellent quality
- Liaise with all internal departments as necessary to ensure the successful delivery of the contract
- Provide leadership and direction to Assistant Contract Managers and all employees involved in the delivery of the contract
- Develop a good working relationship with Customers to include liaising with the Customer to ensure understanding of the contractual terms and the Customer’s expectations
- Dealing with any complaints in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure correct manpower is allocated to the contract to meet with requirements and manage variances in manpower
- Ensure that all travel and logistical arrangements are sufficient for delivery to be as per the Customer’s requirements
- Manage all Contractual variances to include adequate recording of variances and obtaining agreement on price by liaising with the relevant Company personnel
- Identify subcontractors and agree favourable subcontractor terms, in conjunction with the relevant company personnel contract
- Manage the performance of the subcontractors to ensure delivery by the subcontractors of the highest quality of work at all times
- Work with the Planning Department and other relevant departments to produce a realistic programme for contract delivery and ensure that the programme is adhered by all relevant personnel
- Provide informative and accurate reports to your Manager, in a manner acceptable to the said Manager, at agreed intervals, advising on the progress of the contracts
- Ensure optimum use of all resources available to assist with the contract delivery
- Ensure all contractual requirements have been met to enable prompt payment
- Responsibility for the overall health and safety requirements involved in delivering the contract
- To provide advice, guidance and direction as required to other Companies with a common shareholder
- To transfer to a similar role with another Company with a common shareholder, if required by the Company
- To make effective use of your communication, negotiating, influencing, analytical, problem solving, planning and organising skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- To undertake extensive travel as part of the role
- To effectively use computer programmes as provided by the Company
- Other duties as directed by Management which fall within the reasonable remit of the job description
- At least 2 years previous experience working as a Contract Manager in a main contracting or fit-out industry
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must be prepared to undertake extensive travel as part of the role
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Andrew Hastings at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.