Design Manager required for NI Based Projects.
An NI main contractor wishes to appoint a Design Manager to join their team.
The contractor has experienced steady growth for the past number of years, which is set to continue as they are continuing to win new contracts and an ever expanding order-book for projects in Northern Ireland.
They have a dynamic innovative approach to construction where they pride themselves on its performance and projects delivered; they put design at the heart of the construction process and it takes precedent.
- Leading 1-2 large scale projects at various construction stages.
- Responsible for attending monthly reporting sessions.
- Analysing and reviewing consultant reports.
- Ensuring that the teams are all working within the intent of the design.
- Manage and coordinate the design process at Tender, second stage and Construction Phases.
- Prepare Professional Contractors Proposals and Works Instruction Information.
- Manage and maintain drawing/information issue and distribution systems for designers and Construction Design Packages with specialist subcontractors.
- Engage with the project team and CDM Coordinator to mitigate all health and safety risks.
- Manage the appointment of consultants and ensure that they perform in line with their scope of services.
- Develop a design programme with the consultants to meet the agreed whole life programme dates.
- Produce, create, manage and maintain designer responsibility matrices.
- Identify and manage design deficiencies, discrepancies at all stages of design development and issue reports and solutions.
- Coordinate and manage the submission of information to clear planning conditions and reserved matters.
- Collate (with the architect), coordinate and manage the submission of information to obtain building regulation approval. Deal with any resulting issues.
- Compile and issue Design & Build reports on a monthly basis and ensure the information is appropriately disseminated and agree with other project team members.
- Co-ordinate and agree the sign-off of Consultants' payment requests with the Project QS.
- Chair and minute Design Team Meetings and Workshops.
- Experience of managing teams on site.
- Multiple site/project management experience.
- Client facing experience.
- Degree Educated
A salary & remuneration package will be tailored to reflect the successful candidate's experience.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.