Fantastic and new opportunity to join a market leading specialist contractor with a very real opportunity to progress to a Director level role.
The CSR Group have a new vacancy for a General Manager to lead our team across operations, commercial, supply chain and shipping logistics. Reporting to the Regional Director, you will be responsible for the full day to day running of the business and management of the existing team.
You'll take on building and managing close relationships with our customers both internally and externally, with supply chain partners and have a good understanding of what it takes to deliver a product on time and to the clients specifications. You will have strong commercial acumen with a proven track record of delivering year on year growth and improvement in your respective field. In addition, you will have experience in leading high performing teams, managing substantial budgets and financial controls and be able to evidence your commitment to building and maintaining leading health and safety standards.
A key driver for success will be your ability to lead your team to deliver increased market share that compliments the wider UK and ROI business and its complementary product divisions.
The Successful Applicant
· Excellent business understanding at a strategic and operational level, MBA or similar would be advantageous but not essential
· ROI and UK wide travel is required but sporadically and only as much as you need to, to successfully drive the business forward.
· Proven ability in developing strong and lasting internal & external customer relationships & value added solutions
· Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to build credibility across the business and throughout its sister companies.
· Technical understanding of product portfolio to ensure regulatory and quality compliance
· Detail and results orientated with strong personal values to succeed
· Highly organised with demonstrable planning and delivery capabilities
· Solid background in achieving/exceeding budgeted revenue within a large geographical area.
· Ideally the candidate will have worked in the construction industry
· The individual will be able to develop strong product knowledge, well rounded commercial understanding and a customer first attitude.
· The role requires you to demonstrate credibility when communicating at all levels internally, with dealers and customers business.
· You will have an appreciation of the market and industry knowledge with an understanding of typical construction applications.
· Importantly, the person should be highly self-motivated with a confident manner, with the ability to communicate at all levels throughout the business.
· Sound reporting skills with a high degree of efficiency in MS Office, in particular Word & Excel.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.