General Operatives will be involved in all aspects of surfacing operations including site preparation works and all tasks associated with the laying of asphalt materials to required standards and specification.
The following reflect the main duties associated with this role and are not intended to be exclusive and exhaustive:
Site preparation works including:
- Use of handheld cutting tools to prepare day joints and tie-ins
- Cleaning and preparation of surfaces in advance of asphalt operations
Undertake the following general tasks associated with the laying of asphalt materials:
- Laying blacktop requires experienced operatives working as a team with specialist equipment to achieve the levels and densities necessary for a quality finished surface.
- Must have experience as a screwman/raker or roller driver.
- Maintaining, cleaning and minor repairs to hand tools.
- Hand laying of asphalt materials to the required standard and finish.
- Use of plate compactors and pounders
- Asphalt chipping operations (manual and mechanical)
- General labouring duties
- Current CSR card.
- Previous experience working within the road surfacing industry and knowledge of asphalt materials and laying methods would be advantageous.
- Prepared to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends).
- Ability to work outdoors frequently and requires a degree of physical exertion.
- Tickets that cover you for the plant (Roller, Spreader etc)will be preferred, along with those who hold a class 1 or C1E license.
To Apply or for more information please contact CSR 028 9262 7488
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.