This role will also involve assisting the site teams and managers by recognising hazards and seeking to minimise risks, ensuring high standards of HSEQT are attained and continually improved and to ensure all HSEQT legal obligations are met.
Key responsibilities as HSEQT Advisor include:
- Development of the HSEQT Management system, in line with OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Ensuring compliance with HSEQT statutory duties is achieved.
- Reporting to management on the performance of the management systems and any need for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- To support the delivery of the HSEQT strategy for Circet and to assist in achieving continuous improvement in HSEQT performance across all parts of the company.
- To provide assurance to the HSEQT Manager by means of appropriate monitoring and intervention, that operations fulfils its obligations under HSEQT legislation.
- To support the development of Circet culture as the organisation rapidly expands and changes.
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the operation of HSEQT performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate.
- Offer competent advice on HSEQT Matters to the company and its staff.
- To ensure that all worksites are fully compliant with legal HSEQT obligations.
- Develop and instigate HSEQT initiatives.
- Ensure continual improvement and develop, in conjunction with the HSEQT Manager, HSEQT targets, objectives and KPI’s.
- Completion of Construction Stage Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans etc.
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works.
- Writing risk assessments and method statements.
- Site audits & inspections including external audits for 18001, 14001 & 9001.
- Assisting with Occupational Health issues.
- Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensuring records of incidents are maintained and investigations undertaken to establish the root causes and that controls are in place to avoid a reoccurrence.
- Monitor working hours to avoid exceeding the relevant legislation and internal policy.
- Driving continuous improvement and implementing initiatives to promote best practice at all times.
Skills & Experience required:
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Extensive experience within a civil engineering or telecommunications environment.
- Effective communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages.
- CSCS Card.
- A passion for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Stephen Nugent at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.