Our Client is the largest aggregate bituminous coated materials, sand, ready mixed concrete, concrete products and roof tile manufacturer in Northern Ireland. Their portfolio of products and services also extends to roofing contracts, civil engineering and road surfacing projects.
Our Client is committed to the ongoing and sustained improvement in its health, safety and environmental performance.
Due to this they are seeking to recruit a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
- undertaking regular health, safety and environmental inspections and audits of production locations and contract sites.
- investigating and reporting on incidents and dangerous occurrences, ill health and safety observations.
- advising and assisting employees on all aspects of health, safety and environmental management and legislation.
- delivering health, safety and environmental training as required.
- submitting suitable and sufficient responses to tender pre qualification and related quality submissions.
- preparation and presenting relevant monthly H&S reports to management.
- working closely with the Head of HSE and Divisional H&S Director on all aspects of health, safety and environmental management within the division.
- Continued improvement of company Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
The person will preferably:
- have a NEBOSH Certificate and be willing to achieve NEBOSH Diploma.
- have at least 2 years experience in an operational health and safety role.
- be educated to degree standard. Consideration will be given to suitably experienced applicants who are not graduates.
- have experience of construction, materials production or other manufacturing.
- have experience of completing Tender submissions and Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for construction projects.
- be an excellent communicator – both written and verbal.
- be a member of IOSH preferably a Chartered Member.
- have experience of Environmental Management.
Applicants with a civil engineering background will also be welcomed if they can demonstrate knowledge and experience of health and safety in a construction environment.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.