Our client is a Top 10 civils and building UK wide contractor who are currently looking to employ an enthusiastic and dynamic Safety, Health & Environment Advisor for a regional role throughout London.
Reporting to the SHE Director, the successful candidate will visit various sites and integrate with the delivery teams to provide help and advice to all Construction operations (Building & Interior Fit-Out) across the region.
Based on various sites and out of thier head office in central London, the post holder should have a proactive and enthusiastic attitude and be able to interact with the site teams and business units to ensure effective relationships are established. They must be solutions driven and not solely perform an auditing role.
This is a significant role within the Company as they continue to endeavour to keep the workforce free from injury and ill health, help the Company meet our agreed objectives and targets, and to ensure on-going compliance with current H&S and Environmental legislation.
This is a permanent role and the package will be between £45k - £55k + Package (DOE)
There may be a degree of flexibility in the advertised package for the right candidate; additional benefits include a car/travel allowance, pension and private medical cover.
Duties include but are not limited to;
· Co-ordinate health and safety and environmental performance in the regions listed
· Advise management & staff on safety, health & environmental matters
· Conduct site health, safety & environmental audits and assist with any rectifications needed
· Investigate accidents and incidents
· Assist with developing and/or delivering relevant training programmes
· Review, draft and deliver (where relevant) induction programmes, tool-box talks and briefings
· Review company and subcontractors paperwork for improvements and compliance
· Prepare information for regular departmental bulletins
· Prepare legislation updates and advisory memos
· Assist in the preparation of Construction Phase and Environmental Management Plans
· Assist in the preparation of site Health & Safety and Environmental packs
· Assist with responses to PQQ, Bid, and tender questions if required
· Assist with applications for waste exemptions and registration of sites if required
· Be instrumental in encouraging reporting of safety observations
Essential candidate criteria;
· Formal H&S qualification e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate / Construction Certificate as a minimum
· Holder of CSCS / CSR / Safepass card or proven equivalent
· Preferably a member of a professional association (IOSH/ IIRSM/ APS or equivalent at Grad or Associate as aminimum)
· Demonstrable knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation for the region
· Sound understanding of construction processes – especially civil engineering
· Minimum of five years’ dedicated H&S experience in construction or construction related discipline
· Preferably a formal Environmental qualification e.g. IEMA or equivalent
· Understanding of environmental legislation for the region
· Demonstrate strong communication, numeracy and literacy skills
· Awareness and familiarisation with the relevant management standards (18001 / 14001/ HSG65 / etc) Good workingknowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel
· Awareness of behavioural safety approaches to successful H&S management
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.