CSR are recruiting for a NI based, Building Contractor who is currently looking for a Health & Safety Manager to work throughout Northern Ireland on a number of new and existing contracts.
This is a permanent job with great career growth opportunities with a company and a team with real passion for the health and safety within their business.
Good package available for the right candidate
· Promotion of health & safety awareness throughout the Company. Review safety suggestions received.
· Implement and maintain all aspects of the Health & Safety Management system, provide an effective and comprehensive service on Health & Safety to the Company and review responsibilities in the light of changing circumstances.
· Ensure that all Risk/COSHH/Manual Handling assessments are up to date and issued to all persons concerned.
· Maintain accident records and present information on accidents, ill health and dangerous occurrence/near miss trends to the Health & Safety Committee including RIDDOR reporting. Carry out accident/near miss investigations when necessary. Chair Health & Safety Meetings and advise on Health & Safety matters.
· Monitor, coordinate and advise (in conjunction with the management team) on Health & Safety training in the Company.
· Proper and timely assessment of risks to health and safety, and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments.
· Provision of emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, and incident reporting to the relevant authorities.
· Liaison as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
· The workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
· Prevention and precautions against, or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, and manual handling risks.
· Surveillance and reporting on health and safety practices and systems including blood lead levels. Ensure all PPE to be used is suitable for the application it is chosen.
· Carry out health & safety audits/inspection of workplaces to ensure compliance with health & safety legislation.
· Highlight areas of high potential risk identified by statistics or accident investigations and advise senior management. Advise on potential dangerous or high risk issues when plant or work systems are being designed, initiated or reviewed.
· Participation in appropriate meetings between management, staff, recognised trade unions and HSE on health & safety matters.
· NEBOSH qualification as a minimum
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in the construction industry in a health and safety role.
· Familiar with IOS9001 and IOS18001
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.