The CSR Group has an opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to work in Croydon covering multiple schemes over a 4/5 year period.
Our client has continued to develop over the last 10 years and have built a strong standing within the construction industry throughout the UK. The large-scale building contractor has completed developments in excess of £150M. You will have a NEBOSH qualification and a proven track record to carry out the HSE function of on a large-scale new build development, ideally valued over £20M. You will be confident in your ability to develop and maintain ISO accredited HSE management systems.
Good competitive packages available for the right candidate £80k + (accommodation can be included for the right candidate)
- Assist project teams in the application of Health and Safety policies and procedures;
- Support the management with the delivery of Health and Safety objectives
- Complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records are maintained;
- Conduct health and safety audits observing workers to ensure they are following company policies and highlight any non-conformances
- Monitor Health and Safety performance throughout the business
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety management systems within a Construction environment.
- Liaise with subcontractors on all Health and Safety snags during the design, construction, commissioning & handover of schemes;
- Assists with the development for Health and Safety initiatives;
- Participates in site progress meetings and complete health and safety investigation reports; and Attend regular SHEQ meetings and training as required.
Education / Experience:
- NEBOSH Certificate (General or Construction.), as a minimum. (NEBOSH Diploma desirable.)
- A degree / HND in a construction or business-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a busy, deadline driven working environment is essential as the role demands the ability to handle multiple submissions simultaneously.
- Experience of using databases, spreadsheets and the internet for reporting purposes.
- Experience of creating professional documentation to a very high standard with particular focus on accuracy
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and a pro-active attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to develop good working relationships with all company departments.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.