Our client is a Top 3 building contractor from Northern Ireland who are currently looking to employ a an enthusiastic and dynamic Health & Safety Manager for a permanent site based position in Reading.
Reporting to the Group SHE Director through the Project Manager and Regional H&S Manager (Construction), the successful candidates will provide help and advice on a specific Multi-million pound building project in the area
The successful candidate should have a proactive and enthusiastic attitude and be able to interact with the site teams, various business units and the Client’s team to ensure effective relationships are established. This is a hands-on Manager level position on a large, busy construction project.
This is a significant role within the Company as they continue to endeavour to keep the workforce free from injury and ill health.
Salary will be £45 - 55k + DOE
· Advise the Project Management & Site Staff teams on safety, health & environmental matters
· Conduct site health, safety & environmental compliance and behavioural/ cultural audits
· Investigate accidents, incidents and near miss events
· Assist with and/or deliver relevant training programmes
· Deliver induction programmes, tool-box talks and briefings if required
· Review relevant company and subcontractors paperwork
· Prepare information for regular site bulletins
· Prepare legislation updates and advisory memos for the site management team and operatives
· Assist in the preparation and updating of construction phase plans, method statements and risk assessments
· Assist in the preparation and updating of environment management plans and site waste management plans
· Be instrumental in encouraging observation reporting
· Lead by example
· Formal H&S qualification e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum
· Holder of CSCS / CSR / Safepass card
· Detailed Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation especially relating to temporary works, structural works and re-furb/fit-out
· Demonstrate a sound understanding of construction processes
· Minimum of 3-4 years’ H&S experience gained in construction or a construction related discipline
· Demonstrate strong communication, numeracy and literacy skills
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
· NEBOSH Construction Certificate or Diploma
· Experience gained from working directly on or with site teams in a construction environment
· Previous experience on projects of a similar nature.
· Working towards, or possessing, as a minimum Grad IOSH or equivalent professional qualification
· Knowledge of the relevant management standards (18001 / HSG65 / Safe-T-Cert)
· Awareness of the quality management and environmental systems and standards (9001/ 14001/ etc)
· Knowledge of a Behavioural Based Safety approach to H&S improvement
This is an exciting permanent position available immediately on flagship projects for the Client.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.