The successful applicants will initially be required to undertake a programme of work associated with:
• To undertake, as and when required, first and second fix joinery work associated with major and minor construction work, and other maintenance and refurbishment work.
• To repair, renew and maintain doors, door frames, windows etc.
• To undertake all joinery work as necessary in the maintenance and refurbishment of Housing Executive stock / buildings including fitting kitchens and floor and wall tiling.
• To fit as and when required cupboards, shelving, fencing, carcassing, simple form-work and roof trusses, slating and tiling and flat roof construction etc.
• To provide a service to customers and maintain a good customer relationship on behalf of the NIHE.
• Undertaking practical trade orientated work appropriate to the post holders skills and experience.
• Minor work outside trade where required.
• To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access arrangements, discuss work required etc.
• Carry out and complete all work to a high quality and in a competent and timely manner and leave the property in a clean and tidy condition.
• To liaise with other staff / sub-contractors etc. as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed operational targets.
• Ensure accurate and timely completion of all job information by both paperwork and electronic means as required and pass this on to supervisor within agreed time-scales.
• To attend meetings, training sessions as required. Willingness to participate in training with a view to carrying out work outside of normal trade duties.
• Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and any other relevant legislation.
• Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post objectives as required by management.
The successful applicants will also be required to provide an emergency call out service, at night and weekends, on a rota basis. Candidates will normally be on call for a 7 day period at a time.
Essential Qualification Criteria:
Candidates must have:
• Completed either a time served or skills apprenticeship; and
• At least 1 years’ post apprenticeship experience; and
• You must also have a full current driving licence or access to a form of transport which would enable you to carry out the required duties of this post.
• At least 3 years’ post apprenticeship experience
• Response maintenance experience
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Stephen Nugent at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.