Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to: Design Manager
Location: Newry/Co. Down
With predominately Design & Build projects, this contractor take concept designs from stage 3 to stage 7 in sectors including Hotels, Education, Large scale residential schemes, multi-use developments and student accommodation. In the future they also plan to be involved at earlier stages of the project as well.
With their own in-house design team, they have been able to compete with some of the UKs largest Building Services Contractors for some of the most prestigious projects. Within the design team, they take responsibility for fully reviewing employer requirements, developing design and ensuring it meets these requirements whilst aligning planning conditions, complying with all building regulations and working with the clients cost plans.
With the level of attention to detail within the design team, as a mechanical design engineer you would likely be working on less projects than the traditional design role (consultancy) at any given time, but given more time to work on specific projects and really put your mark on them. You would be involved from appointment right through to assisting and reviewing with commissioning data.
· Ability to analyse employer requirements and tender documents
· Ability to produce schematics, calculations, specifications and plant schedules
· Ability to communicate effectively with the rest of the design team members
· Ability to manage Revit team members to produce drawings
· Ability to take on projects and work autonomously
Requirements (Essential / Desirable)
· Degree / Equivalent in mechanical engineering
· Site experience (Desirable)
· 5 Years’ experience, preferably within a consultancy
· Organised and structured approach to your work
· Enthusiastic adapter/user of IT systems, proficient in Microsoft office
· Analytical and problem solving skills with good communication
· Reporting skills
This role is immediately live, and our client would be keen to interview as soon as possible.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.