A successful Northern Ireland mechanical contractor is currently expanding their presence in the UK and Ireland and as such are currently seeking a mechanically biased Project Manager.
The role would focus on managing one of the new sites in London, a hotel refurbishment project. Previous mechanical project management experience is a must. Please note this is a fixed term contract although worth noting the M&E contractor is continually picking up new projects.
Reporting directly to the Head of Mechanical Services you will liaise with the client, client representatives and other third parties as well as managing labour and subcontractors. You will be supported in full by two Supervisors as well as a strong team in the head office.
The main functions of the Project Manager are as follows:
- Assessment of MC contract programme, creation of mechanical services installation programme, and continual monitoring & reporting of same.
- Production of procurement schedule to comply with the programme, and working with QS in preparation, submittal & following up of technical submittals for all plant, equipment & materials.
- Assistance with HoP & project QS in assessment & appointment of specialist sub-contractors for all necessary systems, including ventilation ductwork, AC, BMS, labour, etc.
- Oversee the full coordination process, including working closely with the HQ based Design & Commissioning Manager and BIM technician appointed to the project, to fully coordination our installations with the architectural & structural models, and integrate the mechanical services installations.
- The PM will have overall responsibility on the site for the successful implementation, monitoring & reporting on our Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality systems. The PM will be supported by the HQ based Company SHEQ Manager & their support team.
- The PM will be responsible for the overall management of all personnel, labour, site management team & all our appointed subcontractors, including measurement & monitoring of their progress & performance.
- The PM will be required to attend & report on progress & any issues at all site based technical & progress meetings.
- Liaise with the design & commissioning manager to ensure all elements of the mechanical systems are being installed, connected, wired (where appropriate), tested, commissioned & set to work in a professional, timely manner.
- Liaise with the MC & Client team for all commissioning procedures, handover procedures & collate all necessary documentation including test certificates, commissioning certificates, as installed drawings, O&M manuals.
- Liaise with the end user post-handover & throughout the defects period to ensure any defects are addressed.
- Participate in company training, improvement meetings, overall development strategy.
In return for your commitment, you will receive a generous remuneration & salary package tailored to your experience.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.