Principal / Associate Civil Engineer – Consultancy
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer within the Belfast office, to become part of a team working on a variety of high-profile projects throughout the UK, RoI and beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally as an Engineer.
Ideally, you will be a motivated, progressive and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role, to provide support to the team within the office - An individual who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that work is delivered correctly, accurately and on time.
Reporting directly to a senior member of the team, you will:-
- Undertake civil engineering design of projects
- Assist in the delivery of projects on time and to budget
- Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making to achieve the team’s objectives
- Comply with quality management and technical excellence systems and project procedures
- Assist in the contract administration of projects
- Undertake site visits and surveys
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, consultants, statutory authorities and utility companies
- Work as part of a larger team on major commissions across our national teams
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Have a UK accredited degree (either BEng(Hons) or MEng) in Civil Engineering - Minimum grade 2:2
- Extensive experience working in a civil engineering consultancy environment
- Chartered with the Institution of Civil Engineers or Engineers Ireland
- Good attitude to health and safety practices within the workplace and design
- A strong commitment to knowledge acquisition and CPD
- Fully IT literate and proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office
- Experience in the use of software including AutoCAD and Microdrainage, WinDes
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification for Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification for the Water Industry and their implementation.
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of conditions of contract
- Experience of and the ability to work within project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), statutory and public utility companies
- Delivering work to set timescales and deadlines
- Suitability for UK security clearance
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH
- Accredited NEC3 or NEC4 Project Management status and/or have passed the Civil Engineering Law and Contract Management course Experience of working on site, either with a contractor or consultant
- Self-motivated to achieve the highest levels of excellence within the company
- An enthusiastic and professional approach to engineering problems
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills
- An effective team player, organised, flexible and articulate
- Good time management, reliability and display initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members, both internally and externally
- Possess attention to detail and the desire to deliver high quality output
- Ownership of the work done under your control
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.