Senior Buyer – Construction
Level: Negotiable –5+ Years’ experience
Sector: Construction / Fitout (Considering Manufacturing experience)
Salary: £40,000 +/- Based on Experience
Our client is now in a position to be recruiting for a Buyer who would be joining the department in their County Tyrone office. They are keen to begin interviewing as soon as possible and always have great salary and benefits packages on offer.
You will be joining the team in providing services both during tender process and during the projects once they go live, and will have duties that will include:
· Joining buying/procurement department
· Working alongside estimating team at tendering stage to ascertain material prices
· Securing best prices for materials
· Building upon existing client relationships
· Determining alternative products to maximise commercial advantage
· Preparing any queries and enquiries to be sent to relevant parties such as taking off quantities
· Negotiation with suppliers as well as building strong relationships
· Producing and understanding procurement schedules
· Purchases orders if and when required
· Supporting site teams
· Ensuring materials are provided to specifications
· Preparation of budgets and reporting on monthly costs
· Reporting overruns and predicting increases
· Maintenance of the vision and brand of the company
· Strong communication skills
· Sound understanding of the construction process
· Ability to read drawings and understand specs
· Sound product and material knowledge
· Ability to utilise the online market for pricing strategies
· Team player
· Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures
· Take off materials and produce material schedules
· Prioritisation of tasks and time management
This is a great opportunity to join a well-developed Joinery / Fitout contractor and develop on in your career. Being one of their buyers will see you involved in projects right across the construction sector working alongside their strong team of professionals in satisfying all client needs on each occasion.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.