Our Client is a successful Fit Out and Building Main Contractor.
The company is ISO 9001 and 14001 Considerate Constructor accredited. To enable further business growth and development, the company is now seeking a Regional SHEQ Manager to join the team based out of their head office in Swords.
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake an adequate number of site visits to ensure each member of site supervisory staff has received the agreed number of audits.
- Promote, audit and report out on operations SHEQ procedural compliance
- Engage management and workers in safety matters and advise on the precautions that need to be taken to prevent incidents.
- Promote the Company aims of a healthy and incident and injury free workplace.
- Suggest improvements to ensure the Groups policies and procedures meet the needs of the organisation and statutory safety and environmental obligations.
- Elevate the SHEQ agenda through the instigation and development of appropriate Training Programmes, Alerts, TBT and Lessons Learned.
- Ensure site supervisory staff has received appropriate training to include internal, CBT and external training as required.
- Ensure Office staff receive suitable information, instruction and training appropriate to their position
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place to enable the provision of training to site operatives.
- Liaise with the Group Safety Director on all SHEQ matters.
- Elevate awareness of environmental and sustainability matters throughout the Group.
- Maintain a schedule of staff and complete regular visits to ensure that required audits take place and that SHEQ best practice is being implemented
- Ensure that Pre-commencement Co-ordination meetings take place
- Partake in the daily White Board Meetings and issue guidance where required Attend and actively participate in site coordination meetings where required Attend and actively participate in the Clients SLT meetings where required
- Attend Contact Review Meetings
- Review implementation of SHEQ policy with operational staff and maintaining record of observation/performance
- Develop leadership and ownership among project SHEQ Advisors to take an active involvement in the overall management of the project(s)
- Ensure implementation of project SHEQ Advisor Audits
- Through audit or completion ensure sufficient review of safety and quality documentation and the adequate development and implementation of CPP & PQP with relevant construction staff
- Suggest improvements to ensure the Groups policies and procedures meet the needs of the organisation and statutory safety and environmental obligations
- Through audit or completion, ensure necessary H&S and Safety First training is identified and completed
- Develop and issue performance reports to the Director SHEQ
- Discuss site performance with Site Teams. Agree actions to be taken
- Liaise with Client representative while on site and attend meetings as required Liaise with enforcing authorities and other local safety groups
- Attend and actively participate in The Clients SLT meetings Partake in Safety First conversations
- Coach new members to the management team in active participation in the Clients Safety First Programme
- Champion team leads to show their commitment through a safety speech given at site Induction training
- Complete weekly SHEQ Audits
- Discuss SHEQ site performance with Site Teams. Agree actions to be taken. Liaise with Client representatives and attend meetings as required.
- Assist as required site teams with contract reviews. Report and Investigate incidents
Qualifications and experience
- Dip OHS
- OHS Best Practice Microsoft
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.