Senior Structural Technician - BelfastDescription
You will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Work from home options are a possibility.
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Structural Technician within the Belfast office, to become part of a team working on a variety of high profile projects throughout the UK and beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally, as a Technician.
Ideally, you will be a motivated, progressive and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role. You will provide support to the team within the office and will be willing to go the extra mile to ensure that work is delivered correctly, accurately and on time.
- Preparation of general arrangement and detail drawings under the guidance of the Engineers
- Work within the company CAD standards, procedures and document controls, providing support to the engineering team
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of all the common building materials and details, as well as exhibiting good interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an enthusiasm for team and self-development
- Minimum BTEC HND in Engineering or Construction related discipline
- Structural Engineering background
- Project experience as a technician within an engineering practice / environment
- Ability to produce accurate and well-presented drawings or documents in accordance with briefings from engineering staff
- Ability to understand and create structural details from general arrangement plans
- Knowledge and experience of all common building materials and details
- Conversant with 2D/3D draughting software using AutoCAD and REVIT
- Knowledge of BIM co-ordination on projects
- Experience of Project Extranets and document control procedures
- Familiarity with 3D Clash detection using Navisworks
- Ability to take ownership of own projects and undertaken coordination of works
- Experience of reinforced concrete detailing including the use of CADS RC
- Self-motivated to achieve the highest levels of excellence within the company
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective team player, organised and articulate
- Good time management and reliability and display initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members internally and externally
- Possess attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality output
- Ownership of the work done under your control
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.