Trainee Contracts Planner
Experience: Degree relating to construction (Preferable)
Company: Specialist contractor
Salary: Entry level with scope to progress quickly
The role of a Trainee Contracts Planner is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join an established and growing façade company within the construction industry. You will be given the opportunity to develop your skills & grow with the company. You will work within our planning team and report to an experienced planning professional who will be your mentor.
You will have a technical development plan provided for you which will include Product awareness and planning Management training. You will have the opportunity to grow with the company.
· Assisting the estimating department with the delivery of project bids.
· Assist in the agreement of project timescales and milestones with internal and external stakeholders.
· Assist with the creation of project programmes.
· Monitor & report against the live project programmes.
· Produce and issue project specific phasing packs.
· Support the Produce Capacity and Critical Path Planning information for each project.
· As directed by the Contracts Planner update programmes and attend internal project reviews on a regular basis.
· Support the Planning Controller in the identification of project risks and opportunities.
· Assist with the production of planned v actual statements to assist the Contracts Team with the analysis of programmes.
· Interface with Sales & Estimating, Design, Procurement, Production & Contracts teams on project progressing activities as directed by the Contracts planner.
Suitable applicants will have the following skills.
· Ability to work on several different tasks at one time across different projects.
· Able to work in a challenging environment.
· Excellent communication skills
· Problem solving skills.
· Willing to travel to construction sites within the UK & Ireland.
Additional Desirable criteria are:
· Ideally from a construction or engineering background
· Working knowledge of Project Planning software (Ideally ASTA Powerproject)
Full-time, permanent, pensionable position based in Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Working hours: Mon to Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Fri 8:00am to 1:30pm
Holidays: 30 days inc. NI statutory days.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.